If you are taking the Certificate or Diploma in Commercial Management and have not yet registered with the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, please note that you can apply for FREE student membership for the duration of the course and that on completion of the Diploma you are entitled to a period of FREE graduate membership until March the following year – a saving of £169. Other benefits include:
- Kudos: being a student member of ICES not only looks good on your CV but also shows a level of early commitment to your career, particularly if you get involved in ICES activities.
- Advice: you can find out more about what working n the profession involves and the process for qualifying.
- Information & resources: you’ll receive information/CPD event updates via the eNewsletter and the journal Civil Engineering Surveyor.
- Peer and professional networks: you’ll have the opportunity to meet and network with like-minded students and experienced professionals via the ICES Network events, regional CPD events and specialist committees.
- ICES award: for the best student or best project. This takes the form of a certificate and £150 cheque (awarded to each accredited course annually).
- Access to the ICE library: (online and in person) and access to the ICE members business centre.
As an accredited course provider, we can sponsor your application for Student Membership if you have enrolled with us. You will be sent a form on enrolment but feel free to ask for a replacement copy at any time.
We are very pleased that Patrick Waterhouse B Eng (Hons) MBA CEng FICE FCMI FCIArb has joined our Tutorial team for the Diploma in Commercial Management. Patrick is a chartered civil engineer who specialises in construction contracts and dispute resolution. He is a construction adjudicator and accredited mediator, with long experience of working for consultants and contractors in the building and civil engineering industries. Patrick has also delivered training courses in construction contracts for many organisations and has recently had an article published in the Institution’s journal Civil Engineering Surveyor. He is a keen advocate of distance learning, having used this route to gain his MBA and his adjudication qualifications, and has prepared prepared distance learning materials for training purposes. Patrick will tutor students for Module 2 Civil Engineering Contracts Administration.